Introduction to What is Hash? A to Z guide on Hashish
If you’re even remotely interested in cannabis, then you most likely heard about hash. The problem is that this is not really a topic very common nowadays. It’s hard to understand for a lot of people, which is why you want to know what is hash, why is it important and where it comes from. We are here to help you better understand the importance of hash and what you need to know about it.
What is hash?
- Hash is coming from the trichomes, the resinous, ripe gland heads that are lining the cannabis plant surface. Achieving resin separation has always been a pretty challenging process, one that has been practiced for many centuries. Nowadays, since cannabis is legalized in some parts of the world, there are a variety of legal hash preparation methods, all of which are taking the entire process by storm.
- The way hashish is prepared is via compressing and then processing the cannabis plant trichomes. Most people consume hash via smoking. You will either ingest it orally, consume it in a bong, pipe or vaporizers. People have been using hash for a very long time, especially in countries like Morocco, Iran, India, Lebanon, Pakistan and many others. It’s also very common to consume hash in Europe, at least in some countries.
- You can define hash as a cannabis concentrate product that has trichomes. It’s also defined as being separated resin that comes from the cannabis plant. So when you compare hashish and cannabis, they are not exactly the same, hash is actually resin that comes from the cannabis plant, whether it’s purified or crude, so there are some major differences.
- Within this resin you can find THC and other cannabinoids. The interesting thing is that their concentration is higher, especially if you compare it with unprocessed cannabis flower. Yes, hash can be very potent and powerful, which is what a lot of people like from this type of product to begin with.
Does hash have the same consistency every time?
One thing to consider about hash is that it will have a different appearance and consistency. It varies based on the amount of leftover plant material and on the process as a whole. For the most part, this will be solid, although the consistency will be anywhere from malleable to brittle. The color will also differ, it can be dark brown or light brown. In some cases, it can also be red, black or yellow. There’s even transparent hash, although that one is less common.
Where did hashish come from?
It’s very difficult to pinpoint a place of origin for hashish. However, what we do know is that countries like Nepal and the norther part of India are known to produce hashish for quite some time. The first time the hashish term was used was in a pamphlet that was published in 1123 CE in Cairo. The Nizari muslims were actually accused to eat hashish, and that’s the first time when this was mentioned. During the 13th century, Ibn Taymiyyah stopped people from using hashish. Smoking hashish was not that common until tobacco was introduced. In fact, people were usually consuming hashish as an edible until the 1500s.
Are there any side effects of hash?
Just like any other compound similar to or derived from marijuana, hashish has its fair share of pros and cons. It can help you get high if you want, but it will also come with a few side effects. Don’t get us wrong, the downsides are not super problematic, at least not at first. But they can be things like memory and learning disruption, distorted perception and less ways to focus on problem-solving. Another thing to note here is that you may have an increased heart rate, motor coordination loss and even anxiety.
Things get even worse if you combine hashish with alcohol for example. It can lead to dry mouth, not to mention many of the other problems listed above. Another thing to note is that hash increases the risk of bronchitis and chronic cough, not to mention in some remote cases it can boost the schizophrenia risks as well. It’s also associated with depression, anxiety and personality changes.
Obviously, hash can also lead to addiction. That’s because it usually affects the reward system in your brain. It’s very problematic especially if the hashish user is very young, as this becomes a habit for him. Unfortunately, that can lead to a lack of performance at school and during the day to day life.
The benefits of using hashish
While hashish has its downsides, it also has its fair share of benefits. The most important one is the fact that you get to relax and unwind. It’s very difficult for many of us to relax in today’s day and age, so hash might be able to help. Your emotional experiences will be enhanced, which can be quite interesting in the long run. Not only that, but sensual experiences like taste, hearing or vision are a lot more vivid. That alone really goes to show the power of hashish and how it can enhance your overall experience.
Another thing to note about hash is the fact that it helps lower your behavioral inhibitions, not to mention it will also help you not worry about fear as much as you use to. Hashish also has the potential to make a person more sociable. You will also notice that time tends to move slowly when you use hash, which is something to keep in mind.
Simply put, the power of hashish is quite impressive, and that’s why people like it. The sheer idea of force and control you get from using hash is amazing in its own right. But the main purpose of hash for most people is to relax and unwind. Since life itself is very difficult and full of challenges, it can be hard to step away for a change and just enjoy things. That’s what makes hash an interesting option, because it delivers great results. However, you do need to take into account those downsides, just to be safe.
How can you identify the hashish quality?
You will notice that sometimes there are leaf matter pieces added to hashish. Any adulterants that are added during the hashish production will actually lower the purity. That’s why you might sometimes end up with green product. Another thing to note here is that whenever hashish is sticky, that means oils were added to make it heavier. It’s not natural, and certainly unable to reach a very high quality standard.
- A very good common denominator here is smell. The highest quality hash will have a very aromatic, fragrant smell too. On the other hand, the low quality hashish has a musty and moudly aroma. As a result, you will find it easier to assess the aroma and figure out the quality.
- It’s also important to keep in mind that the hashish THC content can vary from 0% and go up to 65%. You can also have a high amount of CBN and CBD. You will find many hashish hybrids and options to help boost the potency, either naturally or with the use of various chemicals.
How can you use hashish?
As we mentioned earlier, for a very long time people consumed hashish as an edible. This was the primary means to find and use hashish, and it was extremely important for many societies. However, ever since tobacco became popular, people started smoking hash, and this is one of the most common delivery methods. You can smoke it in a bong, pipe, you can go for using joints or you can use a vaporizer. Sometimes it can be mixed with some tobacco, since the pure hashish will not burn properly if you use it on its own.
There are some other interesting traditions too. In some countries, people tend to do buckets. They take a bottle that has the bottom cut off, and they put that in a bucket of water. Once you do that, you take the pipe bowl, add it at the top of the bottle, stick the hash ball there and leave the smoke fill your bottle before you inhale. It’s creative, innovative and certainly unique. Since THC has a very low water solubility, you can only ingest hashish if you eat a more consistent meal. Keep in mind that not all hashish is suitable for oral consumption.
Conclusion: What is Hash
Hashish is a great compound that can help you relax, unwind and step away from stress. But just like any product related to cannabis, it has its fair share of challenging situations and problems that might arise. You do want to make sure that you consume quality hashish, but at the same time you must be aware of any downsides. Thankfully, there are a variety of consumption methods, so you just have to find the one that suits your needs. You can also buy high quality hashish directly from King Canna today, just check it out for yourself and give it a shot, you will be very happy with your purchase!